Who We Are
The First Baptist Church of Freeport exists to glorify God by proclaiming the excellencies of Jesus Christ in order to make disciples of all nations!
- Native Mainers and “people from away”
- Seekers, new believers and mature believers in the Christian walk, young and old
- From Freeport and surrounding towns (Topsham, Brunswick, Bath, Harpswell, Pownal, Durham, Cumberland, and Yarmouth, etc.)
- People who want to grow in Christian faith and faithfulness
- Members, faithful or occasional attendees, and one-time visitors from all over the world
WE ARE PEOPLE OF FAITH
Apostolic and evangelical in belief,
WE ARE A PEOPLE OF HOPE
not just positive and optimistic about the future, but confident in God.
WE ARE A PEOPLE OF LOVE
love for God, love for each other, and love for the world.
We welcome . . . YOU!
Since God created and redeemed us in the Lord Jesus Christ, we gladly give ourselves to God and each other in this solemn covenant.
With the assistance of the Holy Spirit and divine grace, wisdom, strength and knowledge, we will:
- Love and worship the one living and true God, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together;
- Live holy and righteous lives in the fear of God, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ;
- Do good works of love, obeying all that Jesus commanded;
- Maintain the unity of the Spirit, working together for the peace and purity of the church;
- Contribute cheerfully and generously to the support of the ministry, the maintenance of the meetinghouse, the work of missions and evangelism, and the relief of the poor;
- Repent of our sins promptly and completely, as we also willingly forgive others;
- Persevere in the faith and hope of the gospel so that when we have done the will of God, we will receive what he has promised.